Log in

No account? Create an account

Should've restocked my produce drawer while at the farm.

« previous entry | next entry »
Jun. 22nd, 2009 | 10:14 am
mood: boredI ate my lunch at 10 a.m.
music: Whitney Houston - I'm Every Woman | Powered by Last.fm

But I was too busy drinking.

Well, that was quite a weekend. I'm super broke now but I think it was all worthwhile. Our story begins on Friday when Matt, Leland and I ventured to the Durham Bulls game against the Pawtucket Red Sox. Not that we stayed for the ending, but we won anyway! Also, we completely forgot that they have fireworks on Friday games, oops. Anyhow, we ventured from there to the wine bar and had drinks on the second floor, then moved down the street to Sati's for fried food. Mmm.

Saturday was laundry day, which unfortunately took most of the day. But I was able to be lazy in the midst of that, and Tyler came over with sherry and we drank that with pasta salad and talked for a couple of hours. I am a definite fan of hot weather meals. Anyhow, later that night I went over to Matt and Leland's house and we set off for a farm in Hillsborough that was hosting a huge solstice party and campout. We were able to lead Brock there over the phone despite our very sketchy directions and descriptions of landmarks, and then spent the next few hours on a blanket in front of a bonfire, drinking, before retiring to the little tent for a bit of sleep. It was a gorgeous and fun night, and I'm really glad I went.

We woke up way too early on Sunday, mainly due to crowing roosters, and made the drive back to Durham. I unpacked my car, then showered and arranged to meet Chadd (The Realtor, for those keeping track of my assigned names) for brunch. We arrived at Watts Grocery about ten minutes before they opened, and there was a massive line. I kind of felt like we were in San Francisco or New York; we've never really had the type of place that people line up to for Sunday brunch here. Anyhow, we were able to get seats at the bar and had huge grits bowls and talked about our employment histories. Following that he had to go to work, and I spent a lot of the day napping. I regrouped to get to the gym for the first time since Thursday, then went over to John's new house to prepare for Stir. Seth and his friend Jason were there, and I marveled at the amazingness of his new house, then we drank and finally went out. It was generally for the best that we arrived late, as it wasn't terribly special. However, it was good to dance for a while and generally move around, and it was kind of amusing that Seth got scolded by the bouncer for stretching the outside barrier farther than the bar's default. Also, the bouncer went to high school with John.

And now I'm back at work. Yay Monday? Going to dinner with Jon Barnes tonight.

Link | Leave a comment |

Comments {0}